Friday, October 26, 2007

Book ideas

I have been reading alot lately....children's books. I have been taking an elementary ed. literacy class and I am supposed to read 30 children's books this quarter. I usually read a great deal, but mostly our home books that are getting a little old and tired. I am loving the children's books.

So, please tell me what your favorite children's books are (you are helping me with my homework)! I am also making a shift as an aspiring book writer of a non-fiction or novel for adults to a children's book author. Yes, I love it that much!

I have a couple of ideas of what books to write, I just need to do it! I even have a friend to illustrate them...

Hope you are well!

Love,
M

2 Comments:

Blogger cami said...

-Little House on the Prairie
-The Wolves of Willoughby Chase
-Danny, Champion of the World (Roald Dahl)
-Outside, Over there (Maurice Sendak picture book- creepy and wonderful!)
- The Lonely Doll (another picture book, also creepy and wonderful!)
-A Little Princess (better than the Secret Garden, IMO- watch out for "abridged" versions, she wrote it as a short story first)
- Brighty of the Grand Canyon (or most, but not all, of the Marguerite Henry horse books-avoid Justin Morgan, a total snoozer)
-Paper Bag Princess (picture book, fantastic "message")
-Peppermints in the Parlor
-The Birchbark House
-A Dog's Life
- Big Red

....I have dozens more, probably, but these are off the top of my head ;)
Cami

9:31 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Let's see for young children I say:
- Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day
- Olivia
- Green Eggs and Ham

School Age Children
- Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Frog and Toad
- Blow a Wild Bugle for Catfish Down

That is all I can think of...just going from memory (books I enjoyed).

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home