Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Scars

(Warning-this post may be TMI) Yes, there is more to my life, than just my band, but right now I am still learning how it affects me so its always on my mind.

I am looking at myself in the mirror again (nekkid) and I look like a science project! I have a total of seven scars on my belly and its weird to see. One is from giving birth to my daughter via C-section--that one is the most admirable. The other six are from my Lap-Band surgery.

I marvel at how quickly my body has changed in the last month. A month ago, I was 26 pounds heavier and had six fewer scars. I was tired all the time and not very attractive. Not that I am so attractive now, just not so scary.

But, my body isn't the only thing that has changed, my mind is able to conceive of things that I either never would have before or I haven't thought of in a long time. Like next week I am going to a reception for Notre Dame's Master of Non-profit Administration in Seattle. I wouldn't have even considered looking into it six months ago before this whole process. Its as if the scars on my body have removed the scabs off of my mind.

Thanks to Bug for being supportive. Not everyone has been, so it is appreciated!

Hope you are all well!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynnae said...

Anytime, girlie, anytime !! I hope you're doing well. I just saw a thing on Oprah about new addictions that pop up with people who have had the lap-band procedure. What can I say, I'm a mom and I worry. :)

Hugs

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home