Thursday, July 05, 2007

A New Beginning

I finally figured out how to reclaim my blog!

I feel compelled to begin the writing process again. I have a goal to write a book in the next 5 years and would like my blog to be the jumping point again. I have several ideas in mind. The first that keeps coming back to haunt me is writing about our concept (as a society) of motherhood.

It is my own concept of motherhood that is the source of much of my self-imposed stress. I would like to explore this further, but the irony is that I really have to pee. Why, you must ask, does a grown woman deny herself the simple relief of using the toilet? Well, I did the dishes, folded laundry, fed the kids, changed a diaper and checked my email. This denial of my basic need to take a potty break is driven by this view of what mothers should do.

On that note, more later, I must go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home