Monday, December 12, 2005

Attack of the Mama Meltdown

Ok, so I am going a little crazy lately and as we speak my husband is attempting to fix the consequence of going too long without a freaking break.

My husband has been working about six days a week, maybe more lately. The reason why is basically the Audit-From-Hell, but its too complicated for the scope of this blog. At the same time my youngest is finally getting his molars and acquiring a bunch of language and attitude. My three-year-old is basically just acting her age. I am on the verge of breakdown anyway and then you add Christmas and that pretty much pushes me over the edge.

Yesterday, Aaron had to work again and I was trying to recover from my family's annual Cookie Party. Just imagine My Big Fat Greek Wedding on the rag and you pretty much have my family. So, the kids are testing my patience and my dad comes over and just hangs out, I seriously need some time alone. I was cleaning the front room in order to make room for the tree and then the rest of the downstairs so that I have more than one room clean at one time. Aaron gets home and starts throwing shit all over the floor and the couch (again). I lost it! I started throwing things at the wall and ran upstairs to have some space and then realize that my room is even more cluttered than any room in the house.

I had to get outta there! So, me being nice mommy, I get the Christmas tree and other decorations out of the back of the minivan before I get the hell out of there and then proceed to back up with the back hatch still open. I totally slammed into the garage door and scratched (gouged more like it) the back hatch all to hell. The garage door seemed ok for a while and then when I just got back tonight from a preschool meeting, two of the wheels on the garage door fell off. I don't know if we can fix it and I don't need another stress of a big purchase on my back right now.

I need a vacation from my life but I can't afford it. Can I just be a grinch and skip Christmas this year?

1 Comments:

Blogger cami said...

You have my permission to skip Christmas! Special dispensation from ME!

Sorry things have sucked. Our Christmas is pretty bleh,too. I wish we could move it to February this year.

Now, go get some coffee, read a book and chill out with some Mama time!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home